Saturday, September 24, 2005

My House from Google Earth

Not much to report since yesterday. I had a relaxing evening because I had nothing to do, and it was amazing. This past week had just been crazy.

When you send out one of these mass emails, you hear back from a lot of people you haven't heard from on a while, such was the case with my 8th grade earth science teacher, Rich Dickenson. For those of you who don't know Rich, he is the man who taught me to mountain bike, and if you didn't have Rich for 8th grade earth science, you are missing out. These don't seem like huge events at the time, but seeings how I was lured to colorado by a passion for mountain biking, and I'm studying geology here, I feel I should give much of the credit for my current lifestyle to Rich. Anyway, it turns out that he was working this summer at the North Haverhill Inn and Bicycle Shop. I hope all the bikers out in the Haverhill area stopped in to say hello to Rich and Tom (the owner). Rich also told me that he has expanded his biking talents to include road riding, so give him a wave if you see him riding down Rt. 1o on his way to enlighten our towns youth at HCMS.



As many of you know, I've moved since last year, and many people have asked, "where's your new house?" Well, with the help of Google Earth (if you haven't used the program, it's way cool, but the details are for another time) I have created an image of where my house is, and Lookout Mountain in the background (that's the mountain with road up it, and the large white "M" for Mines) Lookout is actually the mountain to the left of that one, but it's a bit of a formality. I've been doing a lot of road riding up Lookout Mountain in training for the Moab Century on Oct 8-9. This is a 100 mile ride to benefit the Lance Armstrong Foundation.

Comments:
I'm impressed with your writing as well as the photo. What a beautiful spot to call "home"!
Mrs. G.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?