Sunday, October 23, 2005

Veloswap

This weekend’s main event was the Veloswap. I was awoken at 7:00am Saturday morning by Allison yelling "Bikes! Bikes! Bikes! Bikes!". Allison, Cassi and I were out the door at 7:30am and on our way to the Veloswap. The doors didn't open until 9:00am, but at 8:00am there was already a large line at each of the entrances to the National Western Complex.

At 9:00am we were allowed in, and everyone rushed around like little kids looking for Easter eggs. Bike makers, bike venders, bike shops, nutrition companies, clothing companies, and hundreds of individuals had booths set up, promoting their products, or selling their wares. New, used, complete bikes, parts, accessories, everything, was there.

Kids in a candy store? You bet. I only bought a couple pairs of socks and a couple tubes, but I had a great time. Cassi walked home with a road bike. She, Allison and I have since been out riding, helping Cassi put nearly 30 miles on the new ride in less than 24 hours.

I am already looking forward to Veloswap next year.

In other news: Loveland and Arapaho Basin are open of the season. Ski season is here, and bike season is still underway. I love Colorado.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?